Thursday 18 May 2017

Everyday Occasions AWH Blog Hop


Image may contain: text

Tonight I am participating in a blog hop along with the super talented ladies in the Art With Heart Team. We thought it would be fun to share some fabulous ideas to inspire you from our brand new 2017-2018 annual catalogue, which is available 1st June. Be sure to request your copy of the catalogue today!




I was so excited to win Special Celebrations in Prize Patrol at Onstage, I'd already marked it in the catalogue as a 'must buy'! Stampin' Up!® are a very generous company and there are some nice little sweetners like Prize Patrol that keep us coming back to these events. I think maybe it is also getting together with all the other crafty folk who go to these functions too!


 Anyway, I was mighty pleased to bring Special Celebrations home with me, and started using it as soon as possible. For my first card I've paired it with Bella & Friends, and Delightful Daisy Designer Series Paper. I ordered the paper without the stamp or punch which is part of the suite, because I thought the paper was just too gorgeous to wait for!




The sweet puppy has been stamped onto a Stitched Shape Circle, along with the Happy Birthday sentiment. Burlap ribbon has been laid behind for a little more interest.


 This accompanying verse for birthdays is lovely, don't you think?


I totally enjoy water colouring now, and used the Aqua Painter with ink from the lid of the ink pad. The new glitter enamel dots are a perfect finishing touch, with gradients of colour and speckles through them.


With this paper, also from the Delightful Daisy DSP pack, I used a flower from Garden In Bloom. It seems to go quite nicely with this paper, and I took a cue from the colours and added some Tranquil Tide to the flower. I love it! What about the Faceted Gems? This is the gold, and there is clear too. It's a great flower centre. I nearly forgot to mention this new copper trim. It is a loose weave, so you can leave it as a slim ribbon. or tease it out a little, as I have here, and it is like net.




I hope you're feeling excited about the new Stampin' Up!® catalogue, I certainly am. Every time I walk into my craft room, I have an urge to make something, and I've only a handful of new products at the moment.



I did think it was a good idea to share the inside of this card, so you can read another delightful verse from the  Special Celebrations stamp set. paired up with a flower from Garden In Bloom.


 Your next stop on this blog hop is Alisha Watson

If you find a broken link or have come to this blog hop from a different entry point, you can view the participants below:


Happy crafting
Rachel

16 comments:

  1. Oh Rach these are just so cute, Im a sucker for puppy dogs, but you know that :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm stunned with your water coloured flower. I would have sworn that it was cut out of the paper! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sure is a fabulous sentiment set. Love your projects, and that flower on the second card matches so well! Thanks for participating in the AWHT blog hops. Love having you here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards, Rachel. The water coloured flower is my favourite. Special Celebrations is such a great stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel I just love your cards! Puppies=love! I think that you have made such special cards with the water colouring as well just gorgeous. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That watercolored flower is amazing, as are your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards Rachel and those sentiments are really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 2 gorgeous cards Rachel. Bella is just sooo cute and the colours in your second card are just beautiful. I'm loving those Glitter enamel dots and must add them to my next order. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful papers Rachel. I hadn't really looked at the Special Celebrations set - now I need to :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, wow, I thought on your floral card that you'd stamped over the DSP and fussy cut. Your watercolouring looks fantastic! I can't wait to get my hands on Special Celebrations either!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards Rachel, love your water colouring so pretty, and the hint about the ribbon to loosen it is a great idea.
    mon xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! That watercolouring! Such lovely cards and insides of the cards to match!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards Rachel, love that you've made cards from this paper without using the coordinating punch, very versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Rachel I love your style of colouring - it is artistic and natural! Both cards are well-made and just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great cards Rachel, I really love the sentiments in this set great for inside the cards as well as on the card fronts.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel