Thursday 24 November 2016

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas AWH Bloghop


Today some of the Art With Heart Stampin' Up!® team have created some amazing Christmas projects to inspire you with the theme, "It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas!" We have tags, gift bags, teacher gift ideas, decorations and many more fun projects to create this holiday season.





To begin, I'm sharing this gift box, which I used to hold a gift for my Onstage room mate, Kathryn Mangelsdorf. Merriest Wishes was put to good use on this gift box, with simple stamping of the graduated spots all around, just in Smokey Slate. I had to put it aside and leave it to dry, as the box is so shiny it takes a while to set. There is an acetate sleeve included with these white boxes, which I tied a piece of the  silver ribbon around, to attach the tag. 



My chosen colours for the decorations were Emerald Envy and Real Red, and I cut one of each in the various dies in Merriest Tags Framelit Dies, that co-ordinate with the Merriest Wishes stamp set. Eight of these folded tags fit comfortably in this box, you could probably fit ten without any problems.


Using thick whisper white, I cut the cards 14cm by 7cm and managed to get quite a few from each sheet. Simply score at 7cm and you have a perfect square tag.


This year I was determined to get on top of the Christmas cards early, and surprisingly, considering how busy life has been these last few months, I think I've done it!!! My secret is mini-mass production, and if you think that sounds like a contradiction, I'll explain. 

Once the design has developed in my mind, I've endeavoured to make multiples. Ten or twelve is a good number to aim for, because once you've sorted the measurements you're already half-way there.


These Christmas cards are almost the same with some colour changes, but all the patterned paper was cut from Presents and Pinecones designer series paper, at the one time, so I kept repeating the dimensions (easy to remember that way). For the card above I chose to use the Jar Of Cheer with the sentiment stamped on the jar.


This card was even easier as I had the banners and trees already cut from another set of cards I made. Peaceful Pines and Banners For Christmas are the stamp sets for this.


Here we see Merriest Wishes back again, this lacy bauble is my absolute favourite. I have made good use of this set, it's a favourite for sure.

Recipe
Card Base - cut a sheet of A4 lengthwise at 10.5cm, score at 15cm
First layer - Fancy Frost SDSP (30% off 21-28 November) cut 10cm x 14.5cm
Second layer - 8.5cm x 13 cm
Third layer  -  DSP cut at 8cm x 12.5cm

Next, have a session of gluing. My choice for this is the Tombow Multi-purpose Liquid Glue, mainly for the way it gives a little leeway to line papers up evenly.
Lastly, decide on the embellishments you're using.
Easy-peasy?

If you find a broken link or have come to this blog hop from a different entry point, you can view the participants below:
  1. Rebecca Jacovou
  2. Ros Davidson
  3. Kathryn Ruddick
  4. Kate Morgan
  5. Rachel Palmieri
  6. Claire Daly
  7. Mary Kelly
  8. Monika O'Neill
  9. Tina Gillespie
  10. Kathryn Mangelsdorf
  11. Catherine Proctor
  12. Judy May

 So now you are leaving me, Rachel Palmieri, and heading over to the awesome Claire Daly

Cheers, Rachel

9 comments:

  1. All stunning projects Rachel, but I adore the silver and white gift box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Rachel, you are steaming ahead with your Christmas cards - they are lovely, as are your tags and the silver box is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOOHHHHH, I have been resisting those dies, but not I want them! The look so good on your mini cards. Great idea for your mini mass production too. That's usually my last minute method of making Christmas cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great project Rachel! I love the concept of mini mass production! Thanks for taking part in the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been very busy! Lovely projects, Rachel. I especially love the darling little box.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super projects, Rachel. Love the white box of tags, such a cute gift. The mini mass production is a great idea, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the little box of cards. What a beautiful gift idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your box of tags Racheal they are gorgeous and your cards are very pretty too xx

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel