Sunday 16 April 2017

CASE-ing The Hostess Stamps CTC#124


Stampin' Up!® Annual Hostess Sample

Although this Hostess stamp is in my collection, I decided to use Touches Of Texture, a stamp which will be returning to the Annual Catalogue in 2017. Touches of Texture is a useful stamp because it not only contains three different styles of flowers, but you can use it with or without an outline in one case, which I reckon makes for four flowers - that's a bunch, right? There is even a small dragonfly and bee included, plus lots of lovely texture stamps. A pretty lace background is on the cream art piece as well as the Watermelon background.


Instead of kraft card as my first layer I went up-market with Fabulous Foil Designer Acetate instead. Don't forget to peel the layer of plastic off the silver side before you adhere it. I use Tombow multi-purpose glue sponged on lightly - it works a treat and is invisible!

The gold twine was used in place of linen thread and because there were no sentiments in the stamp set, I grabbed the Iconic Occasions hostess set from Occasions Catalogue, for this 'happy birthday'.
This particular sketch is a really good one for almost any image, so I'll try to remember to use it again.
Now you are heading over to WA to the lovely Kelly Kent




Cheers, Rachel

3 comments:

  1. I love this layout from the hostess section and I agree you could use it for any set. Love your version with the acetate, and how you have used a different set to highlight the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, such a bright and cheerful card! I love that the same inspiration sketch can look so different when the colours are mixed up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card Rachel! Love the use of the acetate.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel