Sunday 26 February 2017

Party With Stampin' Up!® And Me


We had a fun party this weekend, getting our craft happening on a Saturday afternoon in Melbourne. I've partied with some of these ladies before, and wanted to share the Envelope Punch Board. My skills at making an envelope are pretty good, so that part of the demonstration went well. I made an envelope to fit this Double-Z card. It measures 6 inches square, and I also demonstrated a rectangular envelope.


This Envelope Punchboard Gemstone Box, designed by Sam Hammond Donald (Pootles) had been easy enough to make earlier in the week to hold the Hostess gift. If you click on the link it will take you to Sam's post and a Youtube video. I was fairly sure I could make it from memory and dazzle the guests. The paper measures 8 inches by 8 inches and you punch and score at 2", 4" and 6 " on all 4 sides.


  Cutting, scoring and punching were no problem, and I confidently moved along, gluing the sides together - and ended up with a regular square box!!!! Massive fail on my part, and we never really had the time to check the video and see where I went wrong. Just let me assure you, when you make it alongside Pootles video, it is a breeze! One lady said it gave her more confidence to see that not everyone gets it right every time.


The box for my hostess was finished with the cute bow thing from the Balloon Pop Up Thinlets, and I had added a banner saying "For You" by the time I presented it. (Just forgot an updated picture).



The make and take was based on the Jars of Love Bundle, on page 75 of the Annual catalogue. I had brought these two samples along of a basic card using washi tape and stamping and a more advanced card with the washi, stamping and die cutting with the Big Shot and Everyday Jars Framelits. I then demonstrated something in between the two cards, which I've presented to the hostess, it actually ended up without a jar on it, which was still very cute.


 The ladies had a great time making their own individual cards, each and everyone quite different.
Hope you've found time for crafting over the weekend too
Cheers, Rachel









No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel