Wednesday 4 January 2017

Beautiful You - The Most Elaborate Version

My daughter-in-law is a beautiful girl, and my son is very lucky to have her in his life. She has a huge enthusiasm for life, so when I saw this stamp set, I knew I'd use it for her birthday card.


This is another version of the cards I've been sharing with you this week, but I stepped it right up to the max (as far as I'm concerned anyway)!! There are several layers on this card and after the dancing girl was coloured, I've fussy cut her and attached her to the sentiment banner and patterned paper.

The colours in Cupcakes & Carousels DSP stack are very summer-y and suggested the card colours I should use. So Saffron is the soft yellow shade and it is teamed with Bermuda Bay with a touch of Early Espresso. The inside of the card has been layered up, partly to give a more finished look, but also to balance the card with all those layers (and weight) on the card front.

Happy Birthday, gorgeous appears inside this card, while it was on the front of the other two. Live, Laugh, Love made it onto the front here on a slightly wider banner.







I've lined the three cards up here so you can see and compare the little additions made to each. What is your favourite - basic, stepped up or master class? Over the next few days, I will share some more, using different techniques with this lovely new stamp set, Beautiful You.

Cheers, Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel