Sunday 30 October 2016

Cookie-Cutter Cutie CTC#102


This week at CASE-ing The Catty we are looking at the Halloween section of the Holiday catty, pages 50-55. I'm not really into Halloween cards, but I do like the sketch on page 53 using the little scarecrow from Cookie-Cutter Halloween. For my first card I substituted the gingerbread man from Cookie-Cutter Christmas, equally cute and so easy to punch out with the Cookie Cutter Builder Punch. For this selling period (until January 3rd) you can Bundle & Save 10% by purchasing the Cookie-Cutter Christmas stamps with the Punch using it's special code #143493.
The sentiment and star embellishment both come from Tin Of  Tags stamps, and I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Currently featured on page 33 of the Holiday Catalogue at $37 for this stamp set, through November 1st - 31st you can buy this for $27.75. Several other stamp sets are included in this 25% discount offer, mainly for Christmas.
On my card I've alternated silver and gold star enamel shapes for a touch of bling. Enamel dots in Real Red are on his chest too, and the DSP is from Candy Cane Lane, which is part of the buy three, get one free promotion, ending 31st October. I've re-stocked and can now freely use my pretty patterned papers. I liked the scrap of colour popping out to the left of the scarecrow, and I added a splash of Crushed Curry for added interest.

I haven't used this Cookie-Cutter Christmas stamp set and punch near enough yet, so I am planning a class for November 18th where you'll have the opportunity to make the Double-Z card, and possibly decorate it with some of these cute santas, gingerbread men, reindeer or even the teddy bear. I just need to get busy making the samples. I'm also holding a Quick & Easy Christmas Class on Friday 9th December at 7pm and again on Saturday 10th December at 2pm and those cards are on my class page already.

My next card is what happens when my creativity gets slightly out of hand! Do you ever have those moments? Mostly I'm quite restrained when it comes to embellishments and even layers, I call myself a "clean & layered" crafter, but I do like to push myself beyond my comfort zone. This is one of those cards! It is still based on the same sketch, but wanting to include  Ghoulish Grunge stamps to bring in the Halloween theme, I created some flower stems based on an idea I saw on Maria Willis' blog for What Will You Stamp #84. I had hand cut some flowers stamped on DSP with Love & Affection and liked the way they complemented the background DSP (Serene Scenery)


The sentiment is from Sunburst Sayings, and there is another card featured on page 43 which uses the same drips, and this sentiment. The remainder of the card is finished with some (drips) stems, flowers and a 'happy birthday' stamped straight onto the Crumb Cake card in Dapper Denim.












I really enjoyed making this pair of cards for the challenge this week. Same sketch idea, with quite different results.

Now you are heading off to the talented Kelly Kent in West Australia. I bet she has something to dazzle you.



If you'd like to join in the challenge for October, there is a day or two left. Link up here


Cheers, Rachel



4 comments:

  1. They really are two very different looks aren't they. I love your little gingerbread man, and all that bling. Great use of the tin if tags stamp set too. I'd love to come along to your class!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love them both!! Great sketch inspiration!! Thank you so much for sharing the brilliant idea for using the grunge drips!! I love all the little extras you've added to this great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love this sketch and never really noticed it before, it lends itself too so many ideas and your Gingerbread man is just so cute, as well as your Goulish Grunge card, two totally different looks using the same sketch, love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous use of the layout Rachel - love the two ways you've used it. The sweet floral design is just stunning! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel