Thursday 22 September 2016

Merry Mice AWH Blog Hop Holiday Catalogue

Today some of the Art with Heart Stampin’ Up! team girls are sharing some fun and fabulous ideas to inspire you from our brand new Holiday Catalogue available now until 3rd January 2017. Be sure to request your copy of the catalogue today!

You have come to my blog from the very talented, Kathryn Mangelsdorf, in South Australia. Now you're visiting, me, Rachel Palmieri in Victoria. Blogs are full circles, so you can start hopping here and then at the end of each post is a link to the next. There is also a list of participants at the end in case of any broken links.


Of course, there is so much to like in the holiday catalogue but I have to say that the very first set to catch my eye was Merry Mice. I worried that it wasn't 'really Christmas' till my friend pointed out those magic words - " 'Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse."
And onto my order it went!!!


I think my favourites are these larger single figures, and it was so much fun water colouring them after stamping onto Shimmery White cardstock. I just squeezed extra ink into the top of my stamp pad and coloured with an Aqua Painter. It's not perfect, it's handcrafted with love! I wish you could see how it glimmers and gleams on the Shimmery card, and the gold star and top of the bauble are coloured with the gorgeous Wink Of Stella gold.


This mousie Chorister is a cutie too, and there are some hints of the clear Wink Of Stella highlighting the areas around him. These are set on scalloped squares in Cherry Cobbler. The next layer of Crumb Cake has been embossed using the Lucky Stars TEIF. The base card is Emerald Envy, which is deeper in colour IRL, and looks very 'Christmassy'.



If you've followed me for a while, you'll know that I'm an advocate for mass-production, especially when it comes to Christmas cards and invitations. I cut all the card at one time, emboss all the pieces. When I stamp, I stamp all the images, before sitting down for a session of water colouring. It just is easier to do each step of the process at one time. I'm very happy to have a dozen of these all finished for Christmas, including the inside all stamped. Did you get a glimpse of that in the first photo?



If you find a broken link or have come to this blog hop from a different entry point, you can view the participants below:
Meanwhile, you should be heading off to the lovely Rachel Woollard


Cheers, Rachel Palmieri



6 comments:

  1. Ooh, I think the mice are my favourite from the catalogue too! Gorgeous cards, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful set of cards Rachel, I look forward to receiving this set, I just wish Australia Post would delivery today or tomorrow so I can play with it over the weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore these mice Rachel and your colouring is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really love the colour combo you have chosen here Rachel. Your colouring is fabulous. Love the mice set too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards Rachael, I need to get this mouse set they are so cute xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are so sweet, Rachel. Wow, amazing to have made a dozen. I wish I had that discipline!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel