Friday 12 August 2016

Thanks For Your Care FMS#249

It has been such fun playing with new stamps and papers and even though I've yet to ink up all my new stamps from the annual catalogue, I found it impossible to resist the Thoughtful Branches stamps and framelits, available only for August 1st-31st, 2016. Although I did hear a whisper that if it is really popular, it will appear sometime in the future, and from what I see and hear, it IS really popular, so who knows......?

This sketch from Freshly Made Sketches appealed to me as a way to show off both the gorgeous Moroccan DSP, and the lovely trio of trees from the stamp set. The sentiment from Sunburst Sayings is perfect for the reason I've made this card. I've been having a root canal at the dentist for several weeks, and my last procedure will be this Thursday. Even though I dread going to the dentist, and had been postponing this treatment until the pain in my face was too much to bear, this dentist has done such a great job of alleviating my fears, and it has been relatively painless too. So naturally, I want to tell him that I think he's the best, with a thank you note inside.


It was fun to stick to a blue colour scheme for a change, and Dapper Denim, Marina Mist and Soft Sky do go so nicely together. I have been adding Wink Of Stella gold splatters to all my tree cards though, it adds such a delicious sparkle! A shame it is so difficult to capture with a camera.


Happy crafting,
Rachel

2 comments:

  1. So pretty done in blues! So glad your dental work is over! Not fun! Mmglad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card! I love all of that blue! The trees are lovely and the sparkle is the perfect accent! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel