Sunday 14 August 2016

Birthdays - CTC91


Hello again, I notice you've popped in to check out what we're CASE-ing at Case-ing The Catty this week. So nice to see you here! Did you arrive from Judy May or is this your starting point? The crew are still really enjoying this years catalogue, it is my favourite EVER, but I might just say that every year.... We are CASE-ing birthdays, and I have enjoyed making a couple of simple cards for the hop, which you will be able to CASE easily too.


I've used the Celebrate Today stamp set, which is shown on page 18 and also has 4 co-ordinating framelits if you'd like an easy way to cut the balloon, banner or tassels. For my balloon card it has been kept very, very simple. I didn't even texture emboss the base card, or use twine for the balloon because there is the cutest little spotted bow stamp in this set. This is one of those cards you can put together in 5 minutes before you rush out the door. Fabulous for beginners, just as lovely for an experienced stamper to step-it-up.


For my second card there have been a few changes. There is a layer of Peekaboo Peach added between the 'art piece' and the base. I've stamped less banners (because it looked an absolute mess on the two I tried before this one!) CAS is more my regular style I think. I wasn't in the mood for stamping and die cutting all the tassels, so instead chose to pull the cake image from Endless Birthday Wishes, and lightly water colour. Nevertheless, it was totally inspired by the catalogue picture.


I wonder what Kelly is sharing with us this week? I do love her creations.




We always love to see your work, so if you'd like to share, this is your link to CASE-ing The Catty for August.


Cheers, Rachel

7 comments:

  1. I always struggle with banners too but your card looks fabulous! I love those quick and easy cards too. It's amazing how often we need a card that can be created in a jifffy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards Rachel. I love how effective they look! I need some quick cards...thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clean and simple with minimum colour = two simply pretty and easy to reproduce cards. Love them both Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachael love both your cases, quick and easy is always great when you need to make a card in a hurry! You have got me inspired to case your cases lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your sweet and simple cards, Rachel. I need to make more use of this set.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards look fab!! These are great for a quick and easy card to whip up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The second card is my favourite Rachel - I love it so much more than the catty version. The banners are perfect (I'm not a tassel fan!). Kelly x

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel