Monday 4 January 2016

Guiseppe's 90th Birthday Card PP276

After seeing this great new set Number Of Years, a bundle of number stamps and framelit dies, I knew they would be top of my pre-order. We have a lot of birthday's to celebrate in this family, and I knew there were several milestone birthdays coming. It's such a nice touch to personalise a card with the age being celebrated (maybe the daughters-in-law aren't quite as thrilled, but the children sure are!!). Hopefully, when the first of my girls turns 40 this week, she isn't going to be too sad!
The Paper Players have a great challenge to start the year with, All About Numbers, so this is a perfectly-timed challenge to take part in.

So there I was, on holiday and playing about with my new Stampin' Up!® products when I took a break and walked to the mailbox, and what should I find, but an invitation to Guiseppe's 90th birthday!!! Oh WOW! I couldn't believe that this gentleman, still active, and living a lovely life with his wife in their family home, was actually turning 90!

 The new Going Places paper stack seemed very appropriate for a man who migrated to Australia from Italy as a young man. He and his wife were longtime friends of my husband's parents, who also migrated more than 50 years ago with their two young children. There is an old map of the world behind the large numbers, it does have Italy and Australia there to show the beginning of Guiseppe's story, and his destination. I wanted to include the ship from Traveler, but my husband insisted that the long sea voyage was not a particularly happy memory so I should leave the ship off!!!

The banner containing the sentiment is part of the framelit set, and so is the little banner and the "th", numbers 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,. The stamp set is photopolymer, making it easier to see where you're placing the stamps, although I still prefer stamping first and die cutting second. With the 90, I've die cut it three times and glued them all together. There is also this statement included in the stamps: - 'the number of years the world has been a better place because you're in it.' Think I'll use that one quite a bit too! The inside of the card has two layers of card and a strip of the antique map to give it a 'finished' look. Don't forget to check out the gallery at The Paper Players.

Cheers, Rachel


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

4 comments:

  1. Dear Rachel,
    thanks for your lovely Comment.
    You created a great Card, too.
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel I'm not sure what I love more - your card and the way you highlighted the numbers or the special story that goes with it! I'm sure Guiseppe will love his card. Thanks for joining in with my Numbers Challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, doesn't happen often that one get the opportunity to make a birthday card for a 90 year old! Fabulous card Rachel!
    Thanks for joining us at the paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel, I'm absolutely, smitten with this card. Such a great use of these coordinating products. How special that you've personalized the elements of the design to the recipient. I'm certain it will be treasured! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel