Saturday 12 December 2015

Blushing Botanicals Sneak Peek CTS# 152


Christmas cards are written and posted, and its about time to get on with some more birthday cards. Can you believe, three people in my circle celebrate a birthday on December 18th? I looked through the challenges and loved this sketch this week at Cas(e) This Sketch. I often take things literally when I see a sketch, but managed to see beyond a heart this time. The Botanical Gardens die punched a larger flower out of the Crumb Cake base, so the Blushing Bride flower could be inlaid. A sheet of paper from  Love Blossoms Designer Series Paper Stack was glued to the inside cover, giving a glimpse of pretty patterned pink paper under the raised petal. The reverse of the paper has Crumb Cake hearts, which show on the inside of the card. As always, these paper stacks are really good value with delightful prints.
Collage stamping is not a strong point of mine, so I thought I should get more practice, and yet it needed to be 'clean and simple', hopefully it conforms to that criteria. I had new goodies to play with, Grateful Bunch was a gift from Stampin' Up!® Onstage, and I received the Blushing Bride sequin trim in my order this week. The banner carrying the 'happy birthday' is from a new stamp and framelits combo, Number Of Years. It will be in the Occasions catalogue (January 3rd) but I need it for a daughter-in-laws special birthday on January 5th, so it came in this week's order too.

It seemed a good idea to continue on and finish the inside off completely, when I was making the card, so another piece of the patterned Blushing Bride paper finishes off the white card which is sitting on more of the lovely Blushing Bride.

Enjoy your weekend,
Cheers, Rachel

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

3 comments:

  1. Rachel, this is just delightful! I love your idea of covering the inside with DSP and letting it peek through the cut flower - so clever! Hope you don't mind, but this will be a CASE for sure! Love it xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I love how you layered the diecut flowers over the stamped tone-on-tone leaves! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel