Friday 5 June 2015

This Caught My Eye CTC#33

Welcome back to another week of blog-hopping with CASE-ing The Catty. We've been given the freedom this week to pick anything that caught our eye in the catalogue this week with an 'Anything Goes' blog hop. Perhaps you've arrived from The Paper and Stamp Addict, (don't you love Rebecca's work?) or maybe you are starting here with me. Whichever it is, just keep on travelling around until you arrive back at your starting point.
As I turn the pages of a new Stampin' Up!® catalogue, my eyes are now tuned in to look out for designs to CASE. I have done this for a few years, jotting down page numbers in a notebook, and referring back to them when I run out of inspiration. This year I began the list while I was still away on the Gold Coast, attending the 2015 South Pacific Stampin' Up® Convention.

The sketch that really jumped out at me is on Page 46 and uses  Pictogram Punches, which was already on my shelf from last year. I've used this stamp set a lot already, and look forward to another year of fun with it, now that it is definitely in the catalogue again. You might wonder about the pink dot beside the stamps name. When I get my new catalogue, it is time for stocktake in my craft room. I mark the catalogue in some way (this year, pink dots) to show stamps, dies, punches etc that I already own to avoid doubling up.

I decided to make my card for a new baby boy, and chose some paper from the retired paper stack, Winter Frost. I think it is in the now-retired Coastal Cabana but with Silver Fancy Foil Vellum over the top, it looks very close to Pool Party. I used a white doiley (or two!) some retired Pool Party satin ribbon, white Baker's Twine and White Jute Ribbon and layered them all. I fancy that it has a soft fluffy look, much like a baby's blanket.

After stamping "You're A Star" in Bermuda Bay and adding 'Welcome Baby'  from Petite Pairs, underneath in Pool Party it was time to grab some dies to cut. The Mini Treat Bag Thinlets have some great 'extras' included, such as this wide banner, a heart and a star, which co-ordinate with a new stamp set, You're So Sweet. Look out for it on page 57. There is no punch or die for the moon from Pictogram Punches, and I don't like fussy cutting a whole lot, but I resolved the problem with circle dies. I matched them in size as closely as I could, and went back and re-positioned as needed to get a nice smooth curve. I'm very happy with the result!

I love the vase and flowers included in this stamp set, you can see a Mother's Day card here.

Enjoy our Anything Goes Blog Hop, you're heading next to the lovely Julia Quinn, you'll love her work too.

Cheers
Rachel

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

5 comments:

  1. Rachel, I like that you made this into the beautiful baby blue for this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too was drawn to this card in the catty, so much so I ordered the stamp set! I love your version Rachel. Your soft blues & silver look so lovely together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Rachel, and a nicer version than the catalogue sample I think. It's a fabulous stamp set and I am so happy it continued too. Love the softness that the vellum adds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute!! I love your card more than the one in the catalogue too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! This is too cute for words. The CASE is more awesome than the original.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel