Sunday 14 June 2015

One-of-a-Kind

I am in the middle of a FUN weekend with my family - and the winter sunshine is quite pleasant too.
For those who do not know, I'm the proud mum of five grown boys, three of those are married with children of their own. Six grandchildren, who are all absolutely delightful, of course. Spending time with these people adds such a lot to my life. Friday afternoon and evening was spent with my youngest grandson, Oliver aged 13 months. We went to the park, made a card for his mum & dad, read picture books and he ate and slept when he was meant to, so we were all very happy with that.
This afternoon, one of my sons and I caught a train into the city to see The Rocky Horror Show. This is at least the third production I've seen, but it was every bit as enjoyable as if I were seeing it for the first time ever. It was also fun to share an afternoon out with Will.

This evening I've continued to think about my boys, and getting birthday cards made for them. Only one was born in the first half of the year, so the other four will be scattered through June, July, September and October. I bought Guy Greetings purely for the cluster of tools because one son is a plumber, another is a carpenter. Apart from that, my husband is pretty handy with tools too, so I knew this stamp set would be VERY useful.





I started making this card entirely differently, but wasn't very happy with the way it looked, so I checked out some challenges and settled on this one at Fusion Card Challenge. They've called it 'Blue Skies and Smooth Sailing', but I saw the sketch, colours I like and woodgrain.



I used Hardwood, because this card is for the carpenter. Lost Lagoon, a touch of Night of Navy, and some Hello Honey are the chosen colours. There will be plenty of room inside for birthday greetings because I used 'one-of-a-kind card for a one-of-a-kind person' instead. A Dozen Thoughts has been a much-used stamp set since it was released, but I have never, ever inked this particular sentiment. It occurred to me today that it was perfect for my son, because each and every one of them is one-of-a-kind. I love these little differences, as much as the similarities. Hoping you (and Jacob) like the card.

Cheers,
Rachel




Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

1 comment:

  1. What a great masculine card for your son - love that sentiment and the tool stampings! thanks for joining us in the Fusion Challenge - Julia xx

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel