Sunday 21 December 2014

More Christmas Cards - by Stampin' Up! - And Me!!

It's probably safe to share my bulk Christmas card as most recipients would have received them by now (or aren't likely to read this blog). It is a shame the lighting was a bit  'off' for this picture. 
Blue is my favourite colour although probably Pool Party through to Bermuda Bay would top the list. For this card I picked Sky Blue and the Seasonally Scattered stamp set. This is a great stamp to do this quick little technique with. It is often referred to as 'thumping'.You ink the stamp up in a light colour, and then use darker Stampin' Write Markers to thump more colour on randomly. I grabbed Night of Navy, Island Indigo and Bermuda Bay.


The sentiments in Endless Wishes are fabulous for matching up with either the stamps in that stamp set, or with others just like here with Christmas stamped out in Cherry Cobbler. The combinations are endless, just like the stamp sets name suggests. A scattering of rhinestones finishes them off with a little bit of sparkle. I made twenty of these cards, but I knew it wouldn't be enough, and last night I've had to whip up some more to get in the post. I do hope they get there before Christmas day! 
I should point out that the wood-mount Seasonally Scattered is in Year-End Closeouts for $34.39, not $42.95! Might be worth ordering for next year!!!

In the afternoon I planned to make my Christmas cake. My mother would be telling me that I've left it too late, but better late than never, and I haven't made a 'proper' one for a few years. Two kilos of dried fruit, ginger, glace cherries had been soaking in sherry for 24 hours, before I began creaming the 500grams of butter and 3 cups of sugar. Even with an electric beater, my arm was aching. I called William to help break the eight eggs in, one at a time while I kept beating. Then he took over for a while till his arm was aching and we'd changed to the wooden spoon. I called Aaron to help, as we added all that fruit in and we're smiling because we were wondering if we would be able to keep it all in the bowl! Next time I might have to get a new bucket for the job!!!


Are your holiday preparations going well?

Rachel


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel