Thursday 18 September 2014

Good Thoughts From The Flower Patch PP213

I don't know what you do when you can't sleep, but last night I was up at 3 a.m. stamping! I didn't try to assemble things at that hour of the morning but I laid out my pieces, so I was sure it could go together nicely when I surfaced this morning. I didn't have anything on this morning that couldn't be changed around, so I've had a nice long chat with my dear daughter-in-law and shortly I will head out for a spot of hydro-therapy! Enough of the chit-chat and on to my card.

Another set of VERY challenging colours! Maybe that was what was keeping me awake?
Blackberry Bliss is a big favourite from the NEW In Colors, and I've stamped a panel with I Love Lace as well as one of the big blooms from Flower Patch.

Naturally I used the matching Flower Fair Framelits to cut the flowers and leaves, it makes crafting so easy. I don't think a day passes when I don't use my Big Shot for something.

I've layered the lace panel onto Champagne Glimmer Paper to match the Itty Bitty Banner. It's quite hard to see that detail. The On Film Framelit 'polaroid' makes a great frame for any composition, and then there's a scattering of smaller Flower Patch blossoms in Cajun Craze 'stamped off' once. The Always Artichoke ink shows up much darker on the card, this is my favourite leaf in this gorgeous set.


Don't forget to pop over to The Paper Players for more inspiration with these colours.

Must get away to the pool before the school kids arrive there!
Rachel


3 comments:

  1. Absolutely lovely! If you're up at 3 a.m. you might as well be stamping. I really like how you used the colors and that Blackberry Bliss flower is beautiful. So glad you shared your creation at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the way you used the colors and this set for the challenge! It's a stunning card, that blackberry bliss just pops! Thanks for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stamping at 3 am? Eek! Well, clearly it works for you because this is gorgeous, Rachel. Love the layout and you made such wonderful use of the colors. Thanks for playing along with us this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel