Sunday 13 July 2014

Amazing Birthday FMS144 HSS189



In case you don't know, I have a large family, so almost every month there is a birthday, and often more than one! August is a free month at the moment, but September has number 2 son celebrating, while a week later in October, it's number 4 son.
Now, after that long lead-in, I'm not sure if this is 'manly' enough for one of them, but it might be if there's some cash inside!
I mentioned last post that I could see some great ideas for the Large Polka Dots Embossing Folder and here is one of them. Using the negative dots, stamp an image into the circle. In this case I alternated the three colours and stamped with the cute little star from Something to Say.
Stampin' Write Markers and the ink to rubber technique on the happy, happy, happy greeting from Amazing Birthday, produced the jazzy greeting. I could have stamped three times in three colours and layered, but since it was to be layered onto a banner, I kept it simple. The celebrate is part of Starburst Sayings, cut with matching framelits. Amazing Birthday has three circular greetings too which would be just as super, however, I do like the jagged edges of this little greeting.

I have been working ever-so-slowly through different colour combinations with the new In Colors, so this challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments was perfect, and the sketch from Karren at Freshly Made Sketches began the design ideas pumping for me.

Must away...
Rachel

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love how you've placed the stars in the dots of the embossing folder -- very clever! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love using the negative!! Such a clever technique!!! Adorable card. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel