Monday 27 January 2014

Card-in-a-Box and Class Schedule for February & March

My five weeks of summer holidays draws to a close. :(

Back to work tomorrow, and what is the weather going to be but sunny and 39 degrees (think that's 100 Fahrenheit!!!!) so it's not going to be fun.

And I've had so much fun over summer! Meals out with friends, friends from near and far to visit, family spending time at the beach with us (its so much fun with small children to play with) and lots and lots of crafting time!

These Card-in-a-Box creations began to appear late last year, and I've had a play about with a few different versions. This one is based on measurements given by Monica Gale, a UK Stampin' Up! demonstrator. It turns out rather large, and apart from that, I wasn't aware that it was best to not extend too far beyond the edges, because  then it doesn't fit in an envelope! Luckily I have my Envelope Punch Board and I used a 11½ inch square piece of DSP to make a giant envelope.

So, next I checked around and found another tutorial, this time by Australian demonstrator, Tanya Bell. Tanya is very clever, and generous also. She shared the smaller dimensions that mean the Card-in-a-Box will fit in a standard C6 envelope, readily available here. I have decided to offer this as a special Project Class in February or March. You need to click on the CLASSES tab at the top of the blog, and check the list of dates that I have available. If you have 3 hours free on one of the days I've nominated, send me an email or text (0417 500 681) and we will see what we can work out. I need two participants to run a class, so if you also have a friend who wants to craft, we could be good-to-go, otherwise I will place it up as a class taking place and we will see if anyone else wants to join you and create.
 You probably need to have had some experience with paper cutters, precise measurements are required (and the equipment and measurements are imperial, not metric) but I will demonstrate the construction process before you embark on your own Card-in-a-Box.
                                                                                 


There are other classes available too, for beginners and more experienced crafters, maybe we can get together soon...
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel