Thursday 21 February 2013

Moving Forward....



When I saw Retro Sketches#51 this week I immediately thought of the Moving Forward stamp set from Stampin' Up! It just might be my current favourite, I think. I can't say NEW favourite because it has been around in Australia since our Annual catalogue was released last September, but I seem to be using it once or twice each week at the moment.
The image in the sketch looks like something moving off the page, but then after I had coloured in my stamp, I couldn't quite bring myself to do that, oh dear! I probably should try that though, to push my boundaries a little, LOL.
Well, actually, I did challenge myself by using the colours presented at ColourQ#177  this week. Not at all a combination I would have readily chosen, but the Cherry Cobbler decided that I was using the cute trike image and not the sailboat! And then I needed the frog and some stems for Always Artichoke, and where to add the Pool Party?

I used the "ink to rubber" technique to colour this stamp in so many different colours. It isn't as technical as it might sound, and gives a more subtle watercolour-like finish, and Moving Forward is a perfect set to use this technique with,  even though the frog, flowers, and a little bird are all separate images to make it easier to colour them differently.
Well, you'll notice that I layered Pool Party under Cherry Cobbler and used some natural buttons and Bakers twine in Cherry Cobbler and white to finish off.




Its quite a simple little card for this challenge, hope you like it and don't forget to take a look at the challenge sites for lots more inspiration. If you're quick, you can enter too. Happy stamping!
Rachel

3 comments:

  1. This is really fun, love the image. Thank you for sharing with us this weeka t the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, I love your sweet card, especially the frog, great birthday card! thanks for playing with us at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Love that bike!! Thank you so much for joining us this week at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Rachel